Benzodiazepines are a class of psychoactive drugs engineered to treat a range of neurological and psychological disorders. They are chemically characterized by their heterocyclic systems of fused benzene (C6H6) and diazepine (C5H6N2) ring compounds which enhance the effects of the neurotransmitter gamma-aminobutyric acid (GABA) when ingested. This inhibitory neurotransmitter regulates anxiety and contributes to motor control. Enhancing the GABA transmitter can, therefore, result in sedative, anticonvulsant, and anxiolytic sensations. As such, benzodiazepines are widely used to treat conditions such as:
- Alcohol withdrawal
- Muscle spasms
Chronic use of benzodiazepines can have contradictory effects and cause severe side effects including physical dependence and increased risks of neurocognitive diseases. Detection of the drug via immunochemical analysis with high-purity benzodiazepine antibodies may be crucial for determining decreased dosage effectiveness in therapeutic drug treatments.
Benzodiazepine antibodies include oxazepam-BSA and clonazepam-BSA. Each of these is formatted as a protein in solvent with sodium azide preservatives comprising just 0.01% of the conjugate, and the purity of the conjugates is determined by high-performance liquid chromatography. These benzodiazepine antibodies are temperature sensitive and must be stored at ambient temperatures of between -30 and -10°C prior to immunoassay analysis.
Oxazepam-BSA benzodiazepine antibodies are engineered to bond with oxazepam and other metabolites of common prescription medications such as diazepam, allowing chemists to detect the presence and concentration of short to intermediate-acting benzodiazepines in biological samples. Clonazepam-BSA benzodiazepine antibodies are synthesized using a chlorinated, longer-acting benzodiazepine which metabolises in biological systems over an extended period.
Enzyme-linked immunosorbent assays (EIAs or ELISAs) and lateral flow tests can be equipped with oxazepam-BSA or clonazepam-BSA for therapeutic drug analysis or for the detection of drugs of abuse.
Drug Conjugations from Pyxis Labs
Pyxis Labs is a leading supplier of chemical reagents for various analytical chemistry applications. Our drug conjugates are regularly used for academic, medical, and commercial research. These include:
- Alcohol such as, ethyl glucuronide-BSA (EtG-BSA);
- Amphetamines such as, Amphetamine-BSA, Methamphetamine-BSA, methcathinone-BSA, MDMA-BSA, MDPV-BSA, Mephedrone-BSA and Methylphenidate-BSA (Ritalin-BSA);
- Cannabinoids such us, delta-8-THC-BSA, delta-9-THC-BSA; and synthetic cannabinoids such as, JWH-018-BSA, ABpinaca-BSA, UR144-BSA;
- Cocaine, such as BZEG-BSA;
- Hallucinogens/Anesthetics such as, Ketamine-BSA and PCP-BSA;
- Nicotinic such as, Cotinine-BSA.
- Opioids such as, Buprenorphine-BSA, Fentanyl-BSA, Methadone-BSA, Morphine-BSA, Oxycodone-BSA, Propoxyphene-BSA and others such as Chloramphenicol-BSA, Gabapentin-BSA and N-acetyl glucosamine-BSA (NAG-BSA).
Our Oxazepam-BSA and Clonazepam-BSA benzodiazepine antibodies are designed, synthesized, and purified at our top-quality facilities by industry experts. We can prepare benzodiazepine antibodies to your unique specifications for when you need them. Contact us if you need any more details.